March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Explorer and filmmaker James Cameron and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) have formed a partnership to stimulate advances in ocean science and technology and build on the historic breakthroughs of the 2012 Cameron-AEled DEEPSEA CHALLENGE expedition exploring deep-ocean trenches.
What does WHOI stand for?
WHOI stands for Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 5 other meanings of WHOI in our Acronym Attic
- World Heavy Oil Congress (annual international conference)
- Women Helping Ourselves with Cancer
- World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule
- Current Bibliography of Who Documentation
- Walking Horse and Eastern Railroad (short-line railroad; Bedford Railroad Authority; Bedford County, TN)
- WHO Essential Medicine List (WHO Model List of Essential Medicines)
- White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
- White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships (est. 2009)
- Wisconsin Hummer Owners Group (hummer activities group)
- Who Gives A Spit
- Wage and Hour Opinion Letter
- Whitney Houston Online (fan club)
- Worst Headache of Life (Intracranial Hemorrhages)
- Work and Home in Our Life in Europe (Estonia)
- World Health Organization Library Information System
- Web Hierarchical Ordering Mechanism (US NASA)
- Women Historians of Medicine
- World Harvest Outreach Ministries
- Wildlife Help on Mornington Peninsula (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the spring of 2012, Tim Shank, a biologist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), led a science team aboard the Okeanos Explorer on a mission to explore seafloor sites in the northern and eastern Gulf of Mexico.
NASA-funded researchers are making final preparations at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) in Woods Hole, Mass.
Researchers at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), predicting the effect climate change and resulting losses of sea ice will have on the penguins, found that disappearing habitat will have a profound impact on the species.
But marine chemist Christopher Reddy of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts discovered something else: Some of the biodiesel he'd bought to conduct his tests didn't contain the advertised amount of processed animal or vegetable oils.
He later worked as a steward for Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
95 Hardcover QB581 In this lavishly-illustrated 6x6"book on our nearest neighbor in the cosmos (and a few other moons), Carlowicz, a science writer/editor with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, holds forth knowledgeably on the science, and mythological, religious, and popular culture associations with the moon.
As a marine geologist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts, Humphris often works aboard a submersible named Alvin.