She said: "The women of Lockerbie are seen as being almost holy by the relatives here.
What does WOL stand for?
WOL stands for Women of Lockerbie (play)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WOL
We have 36 other meanings of WOL in our Acronym Attic
- Werewolves of London
- Wervikse Oldtimer Liefhebbers (Dutch; Belgian classic car club)
- Westwood Online
- Whinny Out Loud
- Whole of Life (insurance, UK)
- Win or Lose
- Wings of Liberty (gaming)
- Without Limit
- Woman of Leisure
- Wonders of Life (Walt Disney World; Florida)
- Woodlands Online (portal site for The Woodlands, Texas)
- Word of Life
- Work on Line
- Working Out Loud (peer support group)
- World of Legends (Utopia game server)
- World Online
- Wow Out Loud (internet slang)
- Washington Office on Latin America
- Weighted Overlap Add (mathematics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several are particularly timely: see Silvia Gonzales' play, Boxcar, about Mexican illegal immigrants, and Deborah Brevoort's The Women of Lockerbie, a haunting piece about the plane destroyed by a terrorist bomb.
Attempts were made to restore victims' personal items to bereaved families as quickly as possible and the women of Lockerbie spent hours cleaning the clothing of the dead so it could be returned.