It also emphasized empowering women in academia to have a shared vision that will transform the leadership agenda towards achieving social justice and gender equality.
What does WIA stand for?
WIA stands for Women in Academia (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WIA
We have 93 other meanings of WIA in our Acronym Attic
- Water Impact Assessment
- Weather-Impacted Airspace
- Wet Werk en Inkomen Naar Arbeidsvermogen (Dutch)
- When in Area
- Windows Image Acquisition (Microsoft Me)
- Windows Integrated Authentication
- Wireless Industry Association (est. 1986)
- Wireless Innovation Alliance (various locations)
- Wireless Institute of Australia
- Wiring Integration Assembly
- Women in Action
- Women in Aerospace (Alexandria, Virginia, USA)
- Women in Agriculture (USDA)
- Women Investigators Association
- Workforce Innovation Act of 2000 (Florida)
- Workforce Investment Act of 1998
- Workforce Investment Area (varius locations)
- World Iodine Association (trade association)
- Wounded In Action
- Washington Interscholastic Activities Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Similar pull factors discussed in our earlier paper (16) seem to have the same impact on women in academia leading to disjointed, broken, or non-linear career paths.
A preliminary review of the available literature shows that there is a very limited body of knowledge about the status of women in academia in the Middle East.