Liverpool Ladies FC have teamed up with the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation to raise awareness of both the women's game and the Launch of the Women Against Lung Cancer Campaign.
What does WALC stand for?
WALC stands for Women Against Lung Cancer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WALC
We have 7 other meanings of WALC in our Acronym Attic
- Wilderness Arts and Literacy Collaborative
- Willits Active Living Congress
- Wiltshire Association of Local Councils (UK)
- Winchester Alternative Learning Center (Virginia)
- Winnipeg Airport Lands Corporation
- Winona Alternative Learning Center
- Wisconsin Academic Library Consortium
- Wisconsin AmeriCorps Leadership Council
- Wisconsin Association of Lactation Consultants
- Women Actively Loving Christ
- Women and Law Committee
- Women in Agriculture Leadership Conference
- Women's Adventurous Life Club (Olympia, WA)
- Wood Acme Logging Company
- Woodmen Accident and Life Company
- Worcester Adult Learning Center (Worcester, MA)
- Woreda Advisory and Learning Committee
- Workbook of Activities for Language and Cognition
- Workers Auto Loan Club
- Worldwide Aviation Logistics Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
But now Women Against Lung Cancer hope to raise awareness of the growing trend among women and pressure the Government to invest more into treatment and research.
In addition, the majority of lung cancer patients under 50 years of age are women, according to Joan Schiller, president of Women Against Lung Cancer and professor of medicine at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
7 /PRNewswire/ -- Women Against Lung Cancer and The Lung Cancer Online Foundation are pleased to announce that Dr.
Lung Cancer is a Woman's Disease: Women Against Lung Cancer Warn of the Danger 8.
Schiller and her colleagues decided themselves to change the status quo by forming Women Against Lung Cancer.
NEW ORLEANS, June 5 /PRNewswire/ -- At the annual meeting of Women Against Lung Cancer (WALC), participants were heartened to hear of a recent report indicating a small decline in the impact of lung cancer in women, but cautioned that the fight against lung cancer is far from over.
She's taking her experience in advocacy and joining forces with Women Against Lung Cancer (WALC) to spread the word about the threat of lung cancer to women.