Trying to restart a women's pro league in the wake of the Women's United Soccer Association folding after three seasons in 2003, the WPS brought top US talent and international stars together but launched as the economy sank into recession, making sponsor support and ticket sales difficult.
What does WUSA stand for?
WUSA stands for Women's United Soccer Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WUSA
- Wisconsin Urban and Rural Transit Association
- Wake Up Screaming (rock music club; UK)
- Washington Union Station (Washington, DC)
- Water Use Survey (Texas)
- Whole Unit Spare
- Windows Update Service (Microsoft)
- World University Service
- West University Softball Association (Texas)
- Windows Update Standalone Installer (Microsoft)
- Wollongong Undergraduate Students Association (Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia)
- Western US Agricultural Trade Association
- Wireless Universal Serial Bus
- World Union of St. Bernard Clubs (dogs)
- Wappinger United Soccer Club (New York)
- Water Users and Sanitation Committee (Nepal)
- World University Service of Canada
- Washington University Structural Control and Earthquake Engineering Laboratory
- Western Union Space Communications, Inc.
- Washington University Sentence Completion Test
- Washington University Sentence Completion Test of Ego Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
A member of the Women's United Soccer Association before its collapse in 2003, the Atlanta Beat became the ninth franchise in Women's Professional Soccer, which launched in 2009.
Boston also had an entry in the Women's United Soccer Association (WUSA), which folded in 2003 after three seasons.
And she is determined to shine with a place in the soon-to-be relaunched Women's United Soccer Association potentially up for grabs.
SOURCE: THE NEW YORK TIMES 3 seasons Lifespan of the Women's United Soccer Association [WUSA] before the league forded in September for financial reasons.
Byline: Edited by David James I HAVEN'Tbeen able to sleep for worry after the collapse of the Women's United Soccer Association league in America.
FOOTBALL: The Women's United Soccer Association - the sport's top professional league - has ceased operations, just four days before the Women's World Cup kicks off in Philadelphia.
Today, Jenny plays fullback for the Philadelphia Charge, a team in the Women's United Soccer Association (WUSA).