While women are less likely to have heart attacks than men, women are twice as likely as men to die within a few weeks of the event, according to the Women's Heart Foundation.
What does WHF stand for?
WHF stands for Women's Heart Foundation (formerly Women's Heart Research Foundation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WHF
We have 56 other meanings of WHF in our Acronym Attic
- Wannabees, Heros and Fruits (German Online Community)
- Warhammer Fantasy (gaming)
- Washington Health Foundation ( Seattle, WA)
- Wesley Heritage Foundation (Durham, NC)
- Westcott House Foundation
- White House Fellow(ship)
- Wildlife Health Fund
- Wildlife Heritage Foundation (UK)
- Winhistory-Forum (German computer forum)
- Women's Health Foundation
- Work from Home
- Working from Home
- World Halal Forum (trade conference)
- World Heart Federation
- World Hockey Federation
- World Hovercraft Federation (sporting club)
- World's Healthiest Foods (book)
- Wright's Haven Farm (Limington, ME)
- Wycombe Holiday Flats (UK)
- World Health Federation/International Society and Federation of Cardiology
Samples in periodicals archive:
About 8 million women are living with heart disease, according to the Women's Heart Foundation, a nonprofit group based in Trenton, New Jersey.
Over the years, the blimp has supported many of the company's foundation partners, including the American Cancer Society, Women's Heart Foundation and Boys & Girls Clubs of New Jersey.
According to the Women's Heart Foundation, "women take 2-4 hours longer than men to respond to symptoms of heart attack, limiting the beneficial use of some newer treatments.