This is the third book by Sarah Byrn Rickman related to the history of the Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron (WAFS) pilots of World War II.
What does WAFS stand for?
WAFS stands for Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WAFS
We have 2 other meanings of WAFS in our Acronym Attic
- Wisconsin Association for Food Protection (Sun Praire, WI)
- West Africa
- Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (conference)
- World Appraisal of Fishery Resources
- Western Australian Federation of Rural Youth
- Welding of Airframes by Friction Stir
- Wide Area File System (storage technology)
- Wide-Area File Services (storage technology)
- Wilkes Acoustic/Folk Society Inc. (North Wilkesboro, NC)
- Women Against Fantasy Sports (blog)
- Women's Auxiliary Flying Squadron
- World Area Forecast Satellite Broadcast System
- World Aviation Forecast System
- Write-Ahead File System
- West African Farming Systems Research Network
- World Area Forecast System Study Group
- Wheelchair Aerobic Fitness Trainer (US VA)
- Welsh Airgun and Field Target Association (UK)
- Western Australian Football Trainers Association
- Waste of Flaming Time and Money (polite form)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rickman, a former journalist and newspaper editor, was compelled to write the biography of aviatrix Nancy Love after completing her last book, The Originals: The Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron of World War II.
She signed up for the Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron (WAFS, a precursor to the WASPs), with the agreement that she would have sufficient flying hours by the time training started.