The 24 groups jointly filing the comments today with the NRC are the Alliance for Nuclear Accountability, Beyond Nuclear, Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League, Center for a Sustainable Coast, Citizens Allied for Safe Energy, Citizens Environmental Alliance, Don't Waste Michigan, Ecology Party of Florida, Friends of the Earth, Georgia Women's Action for New Directions, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Missouri Coalition for the Environment, New England Coalition, Nevada Nuclear Waste Task Force, NC WARN, Nuclear Information and Resource Service, Nuclear Watch South, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Public Citizen, Riverkeeper, San Luis Obispo Mothers for Peace, SEED Coalition, Sierra Club Nuclear Free Campaign, and Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.
What does WAND stand for?
WAND stands for Women's Action for New Directions
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAND
We have 18 other meanings of WAND in our Acronym Attic
- Worked All Norwegian Communes Award (Sandefjord, Norway)
- Women Administrators in North Carolina Higher Education
- Waikato Applied Network Dynamics Group
- Waste Acceptance for Nonradioactive Disposal
- Water Cycle Management for New Developments (UK)
- Web-Assisted Notification of Devices
- Wide Area Network Distribution
- Wide Area Neutralization Devices
- Will Always Negates Defeat (Flaming Lips song)
- Wireless ATM Network Demonstrator
- Women's Association for National Development (Sierra Leone)
- World Access Network Directory
- Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association
- Website for Accessing Numerics the Dundee Archive (Dundee University; UK)
- Wireless Any Network Digital Assistant
- Wide Area Network Design Laboratory
- Wholesalers Association of the Northeast
- Wide Area Network Environment (computing project; Florida State University)
- Words Are Not Enough (band)
- Workforce Ageing in the New Economy
Samples in periodicals archive:
women state legislators, the Women Legislators' Lobby (WiLL), and national nonprofit Women's Action for New Directions (WAND).
Georgia Women's Action for New Directions (WAND) Director and WILPFer Bobbie Paul, notes their four-year struggle against potential nuclear leaks into the air by the Vogtle reactor.
On February 15, 2012, nine groups -- Friends of the Earth, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League, Center for a Sustainable Coast, Citizens Allied for Safe Energy, Georgia Women's Action for New Directions, NC WARN, Nuclear Information and Resource Service, and Nuclear Watch South -- held a news conference to warn that Southern Company is deliberately keeping ratepayers and U.
Then for three days we will visit our own Congressional offices and lobby alongside experts from ANA, as well as members of Peace Action, Women's Action for New Directions, Friends Committee on National Legislation, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation and similar organizations.
Women's Action for New Directions (WAND) has worked with NWHN on a special report on the effects of militarism on women's health.
Sunday's event is sponsored by the Community Alliance of Lane County, Vets for Peace and Women's Action for New Directions.
In addition to the aforementioned organizations, the campaign has been promoted and endorsed by Faithful America, Pax Christi USA, the National Council of Churches, Mother Jones, Evangelicals for Social Action, Women's Action for New Directions, and Fellowship of Reconciliation -- all of whom have encouraged their members to attend vigils, to gather together in prayer and remembrance, and to advocate for lasting peace and security in Iraq.