As the Serie A season draws to a close, Napoli have taken a novel approach to achieving onfield success by giving their players' wives and girlfriends lessons in how to keep their men happy.
What does WAG stand for?
WAG stands for Wives and Girlfriends (of the English Football team)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WAG
We have 124 other meanings of WAG in our Acronym Attic
- Wife and Girlfriend
- Wild Ass Guess
- Will and Grace (TV show)
- Willamette Agility Group
- Wireless Access Gateway
- Wireless Air Gunner
- Wireless Application Gateway
- Wireless Athens Group
- Wisconsin Autosports Group
- Wise Ass Grin
- Woman Aggie (Texas A&M University)
- Women's Artistic Gymnastics
- Working Advisory Group (various organizations)
- World Alternative Games (outdoor events; UK)
- World Area Grid
- Worldwide Analysis Group (wagsys.com)
- Western Action Group on AIDS
- Western America Golf Association
- Western Amputee Golf Association
- Wet Arbeidsvoorwaarden Grensoverschrijdende Arbeid (Dutch: Cross-Border Employment Labor Law; Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Corey Pavin and the wives and girlfriends of his United States Ryder Cup team-mates.
The Holland and Italy players have also been told they can't have their wives and girlfriends at next summer's finals.
Among the survey's other findings: * Most wives and girlfriends tell their men what to buy: 61% of husbands and 54% of boyfriends say they are told what they buy for the holidays.
Action in the World Cup will not be limited to the field with the wives and girlfriends of players all set to add sparkle to the showpiece event.
Fabio Capello has made it clear he will not allow the high-profile wives and girlfriends (WAGS) of his England players to grab centre stage at next year's World Cup in South Africa.
The 38-year-old with 109 caps - now one of the team's backroom staff - said allowing Posh and other Wives And Girlfriends to be with their men during the tournament would prove England's downfall.
We're about to descend upon the malls of this city with a vengeance - buying all the wrong gifts for our wives and girlfriends again.