Three of the trials studied marathon runners, one studied Swiss school children in a skiing camp and one studied Canadian soldiers during a winter exercise.
What does WINTEX stand for?
WINTEX stands for Winter Exercise
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of WINTEX in our Acronym Attic
- Wisconsin Information Network for Successful Schools
- State Transition Analysis Technique for Windows-Based Systems
- International Conference on Wireless Information Networks and Systems
- Windows Based The Army Authorization Documentation System
- International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization (ACM conference)
- Upper Winds and Upper Air Temperatures
- Women in Non-Traditional Employment Roles
- Windows Terminal (WYSE)
- Windows-Based Thermal Modeling Tool (ThermoAnalytics, Inc.)
- Waste Industry National Training Organisation (waste management; UK)
- Wintoniensis (of Winchester)
- Wisconsin Network of Therapeutic Recreators
- Wireless Interoperability for Security
- Windows Vista
- What I Need When I Need It (Carl Berger)
- Windows Word (Microsoft Word in Windows 95-98)
- Windows XP (Microsoft)
- Water Information New Zealand
Samples in periodicals archive:
Healthy winter exercise and fun are accompanied by hot cocoa or hot apple cider.
I believe a painless first day of the season will make us all appreciate such winter exercises.
With the right selection of clothing and following a few other tips, winter exercise can be downright fun: If you think your health isn't tip-top, check with your doctor before starting an outdoor exercise regimen.
The North Korean Armed Forces began routine winter exercises late last year that will continue until April, intensifying exercises by missile units, as well as sorties of fighter jets, and firing of tank guns, according to Yonhap.
And with the festive party season just around the corner, another benefit of winter exercise comes into play.
They will include 16-year-old Florentyna Parker of Royal Birkdale, winner earlier this month of the Lancashire Ladies Championship at Southport & Ainsdale, a member of the England under-21 squad and playing the best golf of her career and hitting the ball further than ever after winter exercises.
It is also a good opportunity for winter exercise on the indoor courts for tennis players, and improves endurance for the squash specialists.