This commitment is not for the short term and despite the damage and loss of production caused by Hurricane Tomas in the Windward Islands ('Hurricane-hit growers in call for supermarket help', The Grocer, 4 December, p30), we are committed to sourcing Fairtrade bananas from the Windward Islands Farmers Association.
What does WINFA stand for?
WINFA stands for Windward Islands Farmers Association
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Workshop on Internet and Network Economics
- World Is Not Enough (James Bond movie)
- Wine Consumers Across Michigan
- Wireless IP Network as a Generic Platform for Location-Aware Service Support
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- World Integrated Nuclear Evaluation System
- Journal of Wireless Networks (ACM)
- Winners Information Network (Harrah's)
- Wine Industry National Education Training Advisory Council (Australia)
- Winema National Forest (Oregon)
- Whidbey Island Navy Flying Club (Washington)
- Winter Fly-In (Antarctic Operations)
- World Interactive Network Focused On Critical UltraSound
- Wireless In-Building Network Forum
- Windows File System
- Windows Future Storage (Microsoft file system)
- Web IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) Gateway
- What If No Gravity (student competition; US NASA)
- Williams Information Network Group (Columbia, MD)
- Wireless Internet Gateway
Samples in periodicals archive:
Producers fear it could take as long as nine months before they are able to get up and running again and supply Fairtrade bananas to UK retailers, according to the Windward Islands Farmers Association.