Developers are betting that, in the not-too-distant future, accountants will join the Windows wave.
What does WAV stand for?
WAV stands for Windows Wave (audio format/file extension)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WAV
We have 20 other meanings of WAV in our Acronym Attic
- West African Union Mission (Liberia)
- Workers Amalgamated Union of the Philippines (political group in the Philippines)
- Western Australian University Regiment (undergraduate military training)
- Windows Automatic Update Service (Microsoft; various schools)
- Western Australia
- Washington (DC) Area Unix Users Group
- Water Authority of Volusia County (Florida)
- Watershed Action Volunteer
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (health mobility product)
- Windows Audio Volume
- With A Vengeance
- Women against Violence
- Amplitude (seismics)
- Two Way Travel Time (seismics)
- Compensate Amplitudes
- Washington Artillery Veterans Association
- Web Application Vulnerability Assessment
- Welsh Association of Visitor Attractions (UK)
- World Association for Voice of Animals
- World Association of Veteran Athletes
Samples in periodicals archive:
The communication requirements are a single analog telephone line with 3-way calling and a standard telephone plus a TAPI compliant Fax/Data/Voice modem which supports routing of telephone audio signals through a Windows wave device.
32bis modem that now incorporates the functions of a telephone answering machine and a sound card for playing Windows wave files.