If your Web browser is hijacked by one of these scripts, force-quit the program by pressing the Control-Shift-Esc keys to call up the Windows Task Manager.
What does WTM stand for?
WTM stands for Windows Task Manager
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WTM
We have 44 other meanings of WTM in our Acronym Attic
- WAN (Wireless Area Network) Traffic Manager
- Wavelet-Transform Method
- Web Traffic Monitor
- Web, Trattamenti e Materiali (Italian)
- West Timmins Mining (gold exploration; Canada)
- What the Mess (Internet slang)
- What's the Matter?
- Whatever That Means
- Wild-Type Mice (as compared to lab mice)
- Wind Tunnel Model
- Winner Takes Most
- Work Transformation Matrix (engineering)
- World Tamil Movement
- World Tank Museum (Berkeley, CA)
- World Travel Market (London)
- World's Toughest Mudder (obstacle courses; UK)
- WWMCCS Technical Manual
- Washington Township Municipal Authority (utilities)
- West Texas Military Academy (now Texas Military Institute-The Episcopal School of Texas; San Antonio, TX)
- Wet Tropics Management Authority (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Active processes should also be visible in the Windows Task Manager or the superior Process Explorer, a free download (bit.
Process Explorer can even be configured to run instead of the Windows Task Manager when Task Manager is launched.
Active processes should also be visible in the Windows Task Manager or the superior Process Explorer or fake anti-spyware to capture and examine the data being transferred.
CWShredder defeats another notable CoolWebSearch spyware variant that attempts to prevent users from viewing the Windows Task Manager, so they cannot see the processes that are running on their PC.
These product enhancements include: * Full interactivity with ProcessScanner - quickly and simply, users can find out exactly what their computer is up to and what's really running * The option to view the site in alternative languages: Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian * Thousands more processes added to the library * More frequent process updates * Intelligent search to help users find what they need to know quickly * More informative content page with an improved layout * ProcessQuickLink that installs as a free, downloadable plug-in to the existing Windows Task Manager.
Simple options include Startup Inspector for Windows and the built-in Windows Task Manager.
The Security Agent communicates detailed, client-specific information that goes well beyond what you normally would see in a Windows Task Manager window.