Norton AntiVirus, for instance, automatically disables the Windows Scripting Host, which creates the vulnerability allowing nefarious scripts within e-mail messages to do their dirty work.
What does WSH stand for?
WSH stands for Windows Scripting Host
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WSH
We have 36 other meanings of WSH in our Acronym Attic
- Web Services Graphical User Interface
- Washington State Ground Water Association
- Water Sanitation and Health
- Weak-Sense Hadamard
- Weather Service Headquarters (US NOAA)
- Web Site Host
- Weird Stuff Happens (polite form)
- West Suffolk Hospital (UK)
- Western State Hospital (various locations)
- Willoughby South High (Willoughby, Ohio)
- Windows Security Health (Microsoft)
- Worcester Shrub Hill (railway station; UK)
- Washington State Horticultural Association
- Washington State Hospital Association
- West Sussex Health Authority (now West Sussex Primary Care Trust; UK)
- Whiteinch & Scotstoun Housing Association (Scotland, UK)
- Windows Security Health Agent (Microsoft)
- Workplace Safety and Health Act of 2006 (Singapore)
- Wyoming Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Workplace Safety and Health Advisory Committee (Singapore; now the WSHC, Workplace Safety and Health Council)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To protect against viruses written using GodMessage users should disable Windows Scripting Host (see http://www.
2) Script Attachment Monitoring -- SurfinShield monitors the behavior of all script attachments run by the Windows Scripting Host (e.
XLNT's lineup of timesaving tools include an Interactive Development Environment (IDE) and debugging system for more robust, problem-free scripts; Windows Scripting Host (WSH) support; and powerful interactive commands that directly create, modify or delete shares, files, printers and/or users.
Capable of recognizing all popular VBScript type libraries, including Microsoft Excel, Windows Scripting Host, Lotus Notes and more, the converter allows developers to leverage the huge VBScript libraries available on MSDN, other web sites, or in-house, by converting them to Perl code for integration into larger applications.
AutoProf's products are based on industry standards such as eXtensible Markup Language (XML), Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), Microsoft Management Console (MMC), Microsoft's Group Policy, Active Directory, Windows Scripting Host (WSH), Microsoft Installer (MSI), Crystal Reports, ZIP compression, DES and RSA encryption, and are tightly integrated with the native Windows security model.
AVX Scriptwall stops all unknown Visual Basic Scripts (VBS) from executing using the Microsoft Windows Scripting Host (WSH).
If the file is executed and Windows Scripting Host is installed on the computer, the worm e-mails itself to the addresses that it finds in the Outlook address book and will attach itself to this message with a newly selected, random filename (with a .