After comparing the overall cost of ownership of Linux and XPe, we selected Windows Embedded Point of Service as the operating system of choice for its ease of maintenance and optimization for retail scenarios," said Dave Charboneau, vice president of information technology for AMC Entertainment Inc.
What does WEPOS stand for?
WEPOS stands for Windows Embedded Point of Service (Microsoft)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
- West of England Premier League (cricket; UK)
- Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library (Ohio)
- Water Efficient Product Labelling Scheme (UK)
- Work Error Performance Management
- World Environmental Pest Managers Alliance
- Web Evaluation Path Navigator (open source software)
- Worldwide Electronic Publishing Network
- Women in Engineering Program (Penn State University)
- Women in Engineering Program Orientation (Penn State University; University Park, PA)
- Western Equatorial Pacific Ocean Climate Studies
- Wage Earner Protection Program (Canada)
- Water Erosion Prediction Project
- Web Enabled Placement Portal
- West-East China Gas Pipeline Project
- Western Education and Public Planning
- Windows Embedded Partner Program
- World Electric Power Plants Database (global electric power inventory)
- Wholesale Electricity Price Review (California Energy Commission)
- Women Executives in Public Relations
- Write Error Page Range
Samples in periodicals archive:
Solidcore supports most popular POS platforms, including those running Microsoft Windows Embedded Point of Service (WEPOS) and XP Embedded operating systems.
CHICAGO -- Dynamic Combination Presents a Long-Lasting, Cost-Effective, Reliable Data Storage Alternative to Hard Disk Drives for the Point-of-Sale (POS) Community In response to increasing demand for reliable and affordable data storage in point-of-sale (POS) systems, M-Systems (Nasdaq:FLSH) announced its products are available for use with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Point of Service software platform.