Mattel's Address Book Plus software product and Day Runner's Contact Manager were two of highest selling Windows Address Books of all time.
What does WAB stand for?
WAB stands for Windows Address Book (file extension for Microsoft Outlook and Exchange)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WAB
We have 48 other meanings of WAB in our Acronym Attic
- Western Academy of Beijing
- Western Agulhas Bank
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (Phoenix, AZ)
- Western Aphasia Battery
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp. (stock symbol)
- What a Bitch
- What Another Bill
- Wheelchair Accessible Bus (transportation service; Singapore)
- When Authorized By
- Wild-Ass Branch (programming bug; program flies off to endless activity; as contrasted with hanging)
- Work Authorization Board
- Work Avoidance Behavior
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- Washita Battlefield National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Washtenaw Amateur Baseball Association
- West Africa Business Association (London, UK)
- West African Bankers' Association
- West Asian Basketball Association
- West Auckland Basketball Association (New Zealand)
- Western Australian Bar Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following implementation, users can go to "Tools: Address Book: Show names from the:" to see the additional directories listed in their Windows Address Book.
If you used the Windows address book, search for *.
To send itself out via e-mail, "Fizzer" scans the addresses in a victim's Outlook and Windows address books or randomly attacks e-mail addresses in public e-mail systems such as hotmail.
It sends an electronic message in various forms to all the addresses in Microsoft's Windows address book as well as Microsoft Outlook.
The other is that someone you know (someone whose Windows address book contains your name and email address) is infected.
When run, this virus immediately e-mails itself to all entries in the Windows address book.
The vulnerability in the widespread Microsoft Outlook Express software occurs when using a Windows Address Book file, and could allow attackers to take complete control of targeted systems.