lt;p>Lauren Weinstein, the co-founder of People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR), urged Windows 7 users not to accept the option update to Windows Activation Technologies (WAT) when Microsoft begins seeding it to the Windows Update service later this month.
What does WAT stand for?
WAT stands for Windows Activation Technologies (Microsoft)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WAT
We have 73 other meanings of WAT in our Acronym Attic
- Weapons Augmentation Team (US Coast Guard)
- Website Administration Tool
- Weight, Altitude, and Temperature (aviation)
- West Africa Time (GMT-0100)
- Wet Anode Tantalum
- Wheel and Track
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxi ( Australia)
- White Adipose Tissue
- Wide Area Tandem
- Wireless Action Team
- Without A Trace (TV show)
- Wojskowa Akademia Techniczna (Polish: Military University of Technology)
- Woordeboek van die Afrikaanse Taal (RSA)
- Work Adjustment Training
- Work and Travel (cultural exchange program)
- Work Authorization Tracking
- Workshop on Agreement Technologies
- Washington Assistive Technology Alliance (Seattle, WA)
- Washington Telangana Association (Telangana, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Windows Activation Technologies in Windows 7 are built off the Software Protection Platform introduced with Windows Vista, which enables Windows to protect itself by detecting when attempts have been made to circumvent or tamper with built-in product activation technology, and helps customers more easily activate the product and resolve potential issues.