Modified aircraft can now carry both the LITENING II and Sniper laser targeting pods, and have joint direct attack munitions and wind-corrected munitions dispenser capabilities.
What does WCMD stand for?
WCMD stands for Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WCMD
We have 5 other meanings of WCMD in our Acronym Attic
- World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- West Central Minnesota Communities Action, Inc. (resource agency; Elbow Lake, MN)
- West Central Missouri Community Action Agency
- West Coast Muscle Car Club (Florida)
- Workers' Compensation Managed Care Organization
- Workers Compensation Managed Care Services
- Waste and Chemicals Management Division (US EPA)
- Welsh College of Music and Drama (institution of higher education in Cardiff, Wales, UK)
- Westerly Creek Metropolitan District (Colorado)
- Wildlife Conservation Management Department (Kenya Wildlife Services)
- Wacker Chemicals Middle East (United Arab Emirates)
- West Coast Mobile Entertainers
- Wisconsin Coroners and Medical Examiners Association (Sheboygan, WI)
- Workmen’s Circle Mid-East Working Group
- Wilkie Clark Memorial Foundation (Roanoke, AL)
- Winchester and County Music Festival (UK)
- Windsor Canadian Music Festival
- World Creole Music Festival
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts (Hagerstown, MD)
- West Covina Medical Group (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This involves installing a digital stores management system for improved cockpit control of weapons systems, new cockpit displays, a Situational Data Link to provide more accurate information about friendly forces and potential enemy threats, a direct-current generator upgrade, guided weapons, such as the JDAM and Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser, and an advanced targeting pod.
In the interim, the US Air Force plans to have 40,000 TMDs (including the CBU-102 series) fitted with the Lockheed Martin Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser (WCMD, pronounced "Wick-Mid") tail kit, which employs inertial navigation to steer the munition from a GPS-derived release point to precise target co-ordinates, compensating for wind and adverse weather.
The most significant addition will be the Air Force's new family of smart weapons -- the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM), the Joint Stand-Off Weapon (JSOW) and the Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser (WCMD).
Army's Global Command and Control System; -- The Corporation was selected to develop and demonstrate the Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser for the U.