So ESPN has positioned portable weather stations in five strategic locations along the golf course to measure the wind speed, direction and temperature.
What does WSD stand for?
WSD stands for Wind Speed, Direction
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WSD
We have 103 other meanings of WSD in our Acronym Attic
- Weight Set Decomposition (algorithm)
- Wenatchee School District (Wenatchee, WA)
- Wentzville School District (Missouri)
- Western State Design (Hayward, CA)
- Wheeler Street Design (web development; San Francisco, CA)
- White Spot Disease (White Spot Syndrome Virus)
- Whitnall School District (Greenfield, WI)
- Whole School Development
- Wilkinsburg School District (Pennsylvania)
- Williams Sewer & Drain, Inc.
- Winsock Direct (Microsoft)
- Wisconsin School for the Deaf
- Wissahickon School District (Ambler, PA)
- Women for Sustainable Development
- Women's Specific Design (bicycles)
- Word Sense Disambiguation (computational linguistics)
- Work Standards Day
- Work Systems Design
- Workfile Sort Definition
- Workforce Services Division (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Second Wind's Triton is a ground-based profiling unit that employs SODAR - SOund Detection And Ranging, a variation on radar, but with sound instead of radio waves - to measure wind speed, direction, and other data.
As a parachute, or drogue, slows the descent to the ocean, the dropsonde sends current pressure, temperature, humidity, wind speed, direction and Global Positioning System information to instruments on the aircraft, said Tech.
Meteorological sensors for wind speed, direction, pressure and temperature are also being installed at various locations near the runway and the control tower.
He checks his instrument panel, which includes dials going back to the 1960s that indicate wind speed, direction, altimeter settings and other measurements.
By simulating a spill at a certain location of the lake, calculating wind speed, direction and water properties, we can start predicting where water contaminant will end up, how quickly it will get there, and what risk it poses.
If approved the tower will be built to gauge wind speed, direction and to record weather conditions on land near Brusselton Wood, just two miles south of Bishop Auckland.
StreamerRT provides continuous real-time updates on key weather factors, such as wind speed, direction and humidity, which are contributing to the dangerous situation and the spread of the wildfires.