A cold front moving in Saturday from the Pacific could push the smoke out by Saturday evening, but meteorologist Mark Fettig said the level of smoke also will be affected by how much the fire grows and which way the wind shifts.
What does WSHFT stand for?
WSHFT stands for Wind Shift
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Westside Shelter and Hunger Coalition (est. 1982; Santa Monica, CA)
- Whittier Street Health Center (Roxbury, MA)
- Workplace Safety & Health Council (Singapore)
- Washington State Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Weapon Systems Human-Computer Interface
- Wholesale Systems Help Desk
- West Side Home Educators (Arizona)
- Wyzsza Szkola Humanistyczno Ekonomiczna (Polish: Academy of Humanities and Economics; various locations; Poland)
- Washington Square Health Foundation (Chicago, IL)
- Washington State Housing Financing Commission
- Women Self Help Group (NEED)
- Washington State Hay Growers Association (Kennewick, WA)
- World Star Hip Hop (website)
- World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame
- Washington State Healthcare Human Resource Association
- Wisconsin Society of Healthcare Human Resources Administration (Germantown, WI)
- Westinghouse Science Honors Institute (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Washington State Health Insurance Pool
- Washington State Hunters and Jumpers Association (Seattle, WA)
- Western States Hockey League
Samples in periodicals archive:
Competition among the 74 boat international fleet was fierce, the difference often being a small wind shift or managing the offshore swell.
While the show was in town, there was a wind shift that forced air traffic controllers to change the landing pattern.
Eoe1/4EoSailing in Hong Kong is different because of the high-rise buildings all along the waterfront and the way the wind shifts.
Giant maxis Skandia and Wild Oats XI, the two line honours favourites, remained close to record pace, although a forecast wind shift later Saturday could jeopardise that, reports said.
It is designed to give advanced warning of wind hazards and wind shifts, therefore increasing flight safety and airport operational efficiency.
Following yesterday's abandonment of racing — when Ainslie was leading his nearest rival and on course for gold — the start was postponed after a violent wind shift forced organisers to realign the course.
Scientists are also using the data to investigate: * carbon dioxide absorption by the Southern Ocean's phytoplankton 'sink' * changes in surface temperature within the ACC that may feed back to the atmosphere * the link between sea level rise south of the polar fronts, deep subsurface warming and large-scale wind shifts.