One thinks here of Chekhov, Marie Curie, Borodin, Frida Kahlo, William Carlos Williams, A J Cronin, Conan Doyle, Somerset Maugham, Alexander Doblin, Keats, Kathe Kollwitz and C Louis Leipoldt.
What does WCW stand for?
WCW stands for William Carlos Williams (poet)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WCW
We have 46 other meanings of WCW in our Acronym Attic
- West Country Vending Service (UK)
- Western Canadian Veterinary Students Association
- Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom
- Wayne County Vocational Technical Center (West Virginia)
- William Cornelius Vocational Training Centre (Guatemala)
- Wigan Council for Voluntary Youth Service
- Worcestershire Council for Voluntary Youth Services (UK)
- Wellesley Centers for Women
- West Coast Watchers
- West Coast Wellness (Seattle, WA)
- Women Crush Wednesday
- Wonderful Crush Wednesday
- World Championship Wrestling
- World College West (1973-1992; California)
- World Commission on Water
- Worst Case Water (US EPA study)
- Washington Civil War Association
- Water Corporation of Western Australia
- Wausau-Central Wisconsin Airport
- West Coast Wrestling Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
As usual the monthly program also features the words of William Carlos Williams and a brief talk about the Rutherford poet.
From William Carlos Williams we read: "I have eaten / the plums / that were in / the icebox.
WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS (1883-1963): Despite the international reputation he garnered for his modern, imagistic poetry, most of Williams's neighbors in New Jersey knew him as a pediatrician.
Fay, he writes, is "a composite of McAlmon's best friends, Marsden Hartley and William Carlos Williams, and the character Mason Linberg is based on McAlmon himself.
Other poets who received the honor include Elizabeth Bishop, William Carlos Williams, James Dickey and Rita Dove.
Bryant mentioned William Carlos Williams because Williams was always the first example of a doctor author that my father cited--along with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Bryant mentioned William Carlos Williams because Williams was always the first example of a doctor author that my father tired along with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.