CoreLogic focused on the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI), the area where urban development and wildland meet.
What does WUI stand for?
WUI stands for Wildland Urban Interface (US National Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WUI
We have 9 other meanings of WUI in our Acronym Attic
- Waterford Union High School (Wisconsin)
- Watsonville Union High School (Watsonville, CA)
- Western University of Health Sciences
- Woodlake Union High School (Woodlake, CA)
- Washington Union High School District (Fresno, CA)
- Wheatland Union High School District (Wheatland, CA)
- Whittier Union High School District (Whittier, CA)
- Weather Underground, Inc. (website)
- Web User Interface
- Western Union International
- Without Urinary Incontinence (obstetrics and gynecology)
- Workers Union of Ireland (est. 1924)
- Waking Up in Amsterdam (blog)
- Windows User Interface Automation
- Western Union International Bank
- Western Union International, Inc.
- Web User Interface Management
- Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve (Canada)
- Water Use Information System
- Work Unit Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Citing the need to educate homeowners who live in the wildland urban interface (WUI) about how they can protect their homes from wildfires, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and California Fire Alliance teamed up to create a video that shows simple steps homeowners can take to protect their homes.
Firefighters call La Barbaria a wildland urban interface.
Space Imaging and Anchor Point have partnered together to offer a community fire hazards and risk assessment program that supports wildland urban interface planning.
Fireman's Fund is an active member of The Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) where they support disaster preparedness including in the wildland urban interface.
Homeowners who live anywhere in the Wildland Urban Interface areas -- in, close to or near forest and fire dangers -- are welcome to attend.
City Wildland Urban Interface Specialist Porfirio Chavarria said he'll be hiring people between 18 and 25 in March who will spend a few weeks being trained on chain-saw operation, tree identification and other skills to help reduce fuel loads and combat wildfires.
The FREE event is planned for 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM at Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel, Highway 50 at Stateline, Nevada 89449 Homeowners who live anywhere in the Wildland Urban Interface areas -- in, close to or near forest and fire dangers -- are welcome to attend.