The trainings are performed by a team from Wilderness Medical Associates International and headed by Sawyer Alberi, a Vermont National Guard combat medic who has done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
What does WMA stand for?
WMA stands for Wilderness Medical Associates
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WMA
We have 155 other meanings of WMA in our Acronym Attic
- West Midlands Arts
- Western Magazine Awards (Canada)
- Western Martial Arts
- Western Music Association
- Whistler Museum and Archives (Canada)
- White Male Adult
- White Male American
- White Matter Abnormality (neurology)
- Widowed Mother's Allowance (UK)
- Wilbraham and Monson Academy (Wilbraham, MA)
- Wildlife Management Area
- Willamette Management Associates (various locations)
- William Mooney Associates (Torrance, California)
- William Morris Agency
- Williams (Amtrak station code; Williams, AZ)
- Windows Media Audio (Microsoft)
- Winery Music Awards
- Wireless Marketing Association
- Wireless Messaging API
- Wireless Multicast Advantage
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some might even offer a Wilderness First Responder course, and companies like Wilderness Medical Associates (www.
Written by a Wilderness Medical Associates instructor, this practical guide begins with the general principles of wilderness medicine and basic life support for treating life-threatening injuries.
For example, Wilderness Medical Associates wilderness first responder students respond to simulated accident scenes, complete with fake blood and screaming patients with simulated injuries.
Taught by Wilderness Medical Associates (for whom Woodruff is an instructor), its highly intensive training consists of classroom work, mock rescues, and CPR practice.
These certifications include, but are not limited to, wilderness first aid (National Outdoor Leadership School 1995; Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities 2001; Wilderness Medical Associates 1996); canoe and kayak instruction (American Canoe Association n.