A GROUP of pigs in Darwin, Australia, has been leading police on a wild goose chase.
What does WGC stand for?
WGC stands for Wild Goose Chase
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WGC
We have 55 other meanings of WGC in our Acronym Attic
- Wisconsin Girls Barrel Racing Association
- West Gulf Blockading Squadron (Civil War era)
- Working Group on Banking Supervision (Executives' Meeting of East Asia-Pacific Central Banks)
- Woodstock Garden Bell Small
- Weight Gain from Birth to Weaning (measurement)
- Working Group on Ballast Water
- Warranty Governance Council
- Welded Girder Continuous (engineering)
- Welwyn Garden City
- Whole Grains Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
Modern technology has led travellers on a few wild goose chases but now a whole island that appears on Google Maps has been found not to exist.
She dies before she can tell Patrese any more--leading him on a wild goose chase for a murderer who dismembers his bodies.
All lifeboat crew members are volunteers and it's a miserable act to take people away from their normal working and family lives on a wild goose chase," he added.
Berwyn Pearce, a student at Central School of Speech and Drama in London, will perform a scene from the play The Wild Goose Chase by John Fletcher in front of an audience of casting agents, artistic directors, friends, family and the general public alongside other students from 22 of the UK's leading drama schools.
And they were also concerned they could be on a wild goose chase to rescue Harvey in time.
Winter's body has not been found because the suspect has led the police on a wild goose chase, saying at one time that he dumped it in the desert and another time into the sea.
Structured mostly out of vignettes and wild goose chases, Lush Life doesn’t whip up quite the same gale-force power as Freedomland.