The Widening Participation Unit offers local students who show sporting promise in certain geographical areas an opportunity to attend the University by accepting lesser grades if they attend a summer school prior to taking up their place at the University.
What does WPU stand for?
WPU stands for Widening Participation Unit (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WPU
We have 17 other meanings of WPU in our Acronym Attic
- White Paper on the Transformation of the Public Service (South Africa)
- Wholesale Provisioning Tracking System (telecommunication regulation)
- Wild Pacific Trail Society (Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada)
- Water Particle Travel Time
- Working Part on Tropical Tunas (Indian Ocean Tuna Commission)
- Wisconsin Public Television
- Wall Push-Up (strength-building exercise)
- Water Purification Unit
- Weapon Processor Unit
- Wetenschappelijke en Professionele Uitgevers
- William Paterson University (Wayne, New Jersey)
- William Penn University (Oskaloosa, Iowa)
- William Pitt Union (University of Pittsburgh)
- Wind Power Unit
- Washington Park United Church of Christ (Denver, CO)
- Washington Public Utility Districts Association (Olympia, WA)
- Weight per Unit Effort
- Wertpapiererwerbs- und Übernahmegesetz (German: security acquisition and assumption law)
- Watford Petroleum Ukraine Holdings
- Wisconsin Public Utility Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
This finding is among a range of figures unearthed by Liverpool University's widening participation unit which reveals: More than half the wards in Liverpool,Knowsley and Halton send just 16% of their children to university -compared to 80% in the wealthiest areas.
The startling statistic is among a range of worrying figures unearthed by Liverpool University's widening participation unit which reveal: n More than half the wards in Liverpool,Knowsley and Halton send just 16% of their children to university -compared to 80% in the wealthiest areas.