The Hubble space telescope - which has been upgraded with a new wide-field planetary camera - has detected a faint smudge of starlight that experts say is likely to be a galaxy.
What does WFPC stand for?
WFPC stands for Wide-Field Planetary Camera (Hubble Space Telescope)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WFPC
We have 1 other meaning of WFPC in our Acronym Attic
- Witness for Peace
- Women Forestry Project (Sudan)
- Workforce Planning
- World Federation of Parasitologists
- World Food Prize
- World Food Programme (United Nations)
- Washington Forest Protection Association
- World Federation for the Protection of Animals
- World Field Photographers Association
- Whole Food Plant Based (diet)
- Wing Fire Protection Controller
- Wisconsin Forest Productivity Council
- World Family Policy Center (Brigham Young University; Provo, UT)
- Wide Field and Planetary Camera 2
- Wide Field Planetary Camera 3
- War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse)
- Warrenville Fire Protection District (Warrenville, IL)
- Wichita Falls Police Department (Texas)
- Women for Peace and Development (Mandera, Kenya)
- Woodside Fire Protection District (Woodside, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The space telescope's first look at an astronomical object will come via the wide-field planetary camera, one of five scientific instruments onboard.
In addition, Villard says, the extra time may let scientists improve their ability to use two of the telescope's five instruments at the same time, such as its Wide-Field Planetary Camera and its Faint-Object Spectrograph.