Principal analyst Dominique Bonte comments, "Following the acquisition of fabless GPS-specific manufacturer Global Locate last year, Broadcom became the first GPS chipset vendor with a hosted A-GPS solution and a Wide Area Reference Network for the provision of GPS assistance data.
What does WARN stand for?
WARN stands for Wide Area Reference Network (GPS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WARN
We have 30 other meanings of WARN in our Acronym Attic
- Web Automated Reference Materials System (Veterans Benefits Administration)
- West Australian Radio Modelers Society
- Western Australia Rangeland Monitoring System
- Wal-Mart Alliance for Reform Now
- Warning (Alcatel)
- Warning, Alert and Response Network Act of 2006
- Water & Wastewater Agency Response Network (various locations)
- Web Alert & Relay Network (US FEMA)
- Webroot Automated Research Network (anti-spyware collection group)
- Wide Area Rapid Notification (emergency information dissemination)
- Women of All Red Nations
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act of 1988
- Warfighter New Equipment Training
- Wide Area Relay Network (Joint Task Force )
- Warning Order
- Warning Order
- Weeks after Receipt of Order
- West Africa Regional Office (UN)
- Women Action Research Organization (Nigeria)
- Women Amateur Radio Operators (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Through the convergence of Global Positioning System (GPS) and digital wireless technology - along with Wherify's patented Global Wide Area Reference Network (GWARN) - the Wherifone G550(R) offers parents, family members and business people peace of mind knowing they can locate loved ones or valuable property, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The two companies, at that time, confirmed the commercial availability of the Wide Area Reference Network (SnapWARN(TM)) GPS system data feed, which provides PDEs such as SnapTrack's SnapSmart PDE software with a continuous stream of GPS satellite reference information to be used in gpsOne location calculations.