The scientists searched for quantitative trait loci (QTL) for hematology traits through a whole-genome association study, because these could provide new insights into both hemopoeitic and disease mechanisms.
What does WGAS stand for?
WGAS stands for Whole-Genome Association Study
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WGAS
We have 3 other meanings of WGAS in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Gorge Action Programs (public services support; Bingen, WA)
- Wheat Germ Acid Phosphatase (biochemistry)
- Working Group on the Audit of Privatisation (UK)
- Working Group on Air Quality Objectives and Guidelines (Canada)
- Wheat Germ Agglutinin-Resistant (biochemistry)
- Who Gives A Rat's Ass?
- Working Group Against Racism in Children (now Positive Images; London, England, UK)
- Web Graphics Artist Society
- West Gloucestershire Art Society (UK)
- Who Gives A Sweat? (polite form)
- Wood Green Animal Shelters (English charity)
- Working Group on Astronomical Software (astronomical software information sharing; American Astronomical Society; Washington, DC)
- Who Gives A Spit Anyway (polite form)
- World's Greatest Animal Show Anywhere
- Winter Guard Association of Southern California
- Working Group on Air-Sea Fluxes
- World's Greatest Air Superiority Fighter
- Working Group on ASEAN Seas and Marine Environment
- Wheat Germ Agglutinin conjugated to Texas Red
- Woodbridge Government Access Television (Woodbridge, CT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Whole-genome association study identifies STK39 as a hypertension susceptibility gene.
To the best of my knowledge this was the first time that a whole-genome association study on schizophrenia was undertaken at a scale capable of producing meaningful and replicable results," said Professor Ariel Darvasi from the Department of Genetics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.