tens or hundreds of significant SNPs that have been detected after whole genome association analysis, may be a good strategy to better identify interaction effects between the SNPs.
What does WGA stand for?
WGA stands for Whole Genome Association (species study)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WGA
We have 102 other meanings of WGA in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Gamers Association (Washington, DC)
- Waste Gas Assembly
- Waveguide Approach
- Web Gallery of Art (virtual art gallery)
- Week Gestational Age (infants)
- Weight for Gestational Age (infants)
- Werkhervatting Gedeeltelijk Arbeidsgeschikten (Dutch)
- Western Governors' Association
- Western Growers Association
- Wheat Germ Agglutinin
- Whole of Government Approach
- Whole-Genome Analysis
- Wild Goose Association
- Windows Genuine Advantage (Microsoft)
- Wisconsin Geocaching Association
- Wisconsin Grocers Association
- Wise Giving Alliance (Better Business Bureau)
- Wolf Group Asia (communications advisory firm; various locations)
- Womens Golf Association
- Woody Guthrie Archives (Mt. Kisco, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
National Library of Medicine (NLM), "NIH Launches dbGaP, a Database of Whole Genome Association Studies" December 12, 2006 To read the full text of this article, click here: http://www.
Tokyo, Japan, July 22, 2005 - (JCNN) - RIKEN and Perlegen Sciences Japan jointly announced on July 21 that the two parties have entered into a collaborative agreement to conduct high-resolution, whole genome association studies with the aim of collaborating to search genetic origins of various diseases.
Novel Public-Private Partnership Created to Unravel the Genetics of Common Disease Through Whole Genome Association Studies WASHINGTON, Feb.
The technology will enable doctors worldwide to apply the information emerging from whole genome association studies and help couples respond to inherited disease.
Serono was an early adopter of our Mapping 100K Set and they are now among the first to demonstrate the power of large-scale whole genome association studies to understand the mechanisms of disease," said Greg Yap, Vice President, DNA Products at Affymetrix.
This large, whole genome association study has evaluated over 12,000 subjects and represents seminal work in the MS field.
The Company then conducted a whole genome association study in a large population of commercial beef cattle at a feedlot and discovered specific regions in the cattle genome that associate with desirable beef traits.