The new, double filtration, machine that UHCW (University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust) has purchased allowed Anthony to have 176 litres of plasma treated before and after the transplant - that is, his whole blood volume has been washed for antibodies nearly 60 times.
What does WBV stand for?
WBV stands for Whole Blood Volume (hematology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WBV
We have 10 other meanings of WBV in our Acronym Attic
- World Business University Association
- Western Boundary Undercurrent
- World Beach Ultimate Championship
- Watts Bar Utility District (Tennessee)
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences (India)
- West Bengal University of Technology
- W. Bertelsmann Verlag (German publishing company)
- Wagner Briefe Verzeichnis (German: Wagner Letters Directory)
- Westdeutscher Basketball-Verband (German: West German Basketball Association; Germany)
- Westdeutscher Bindegarn Vertrieb (German: West German Twine Sales)
- Whole Body Vibration
- Whole Brain Volume (neurology)
- Werklozen Belangen Vereniging Amsterdam (Dutch: Association of Unemployed Interests Amsterdam; Netherlands)
- West Branch Valley Association of Realtors (Pennsylvania)
- West Boulevard Veterinary Clinic (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Wideband Video Conferencing
- West Belfast Volunteers Flute Band (Northern Ireland; UK)
- West Branch Valley Federal Credit Union (Williamsport, PA)
- West Bengal Voluntary Health Association (India)
- Women's Beach Volleyball League
Samples in periodicals archive:
The BVA-100, which measures whole blood volume, red cell volume, and plasma volume, is used in conjunction with Volumex, a single use diagnostic kit.