Whitebark pine seeds contain more calories per pound than chocolate.
What does WBP stand for?
WBP stands for Whitebark Pine (tree species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WBP
We have 52 other meanings of WBP in our Acronym Attic
- Water & Boil Proof (plywood)
- Water Bank Program (USDA)
- Water-Based Polyurethane (wood finisher)
- Weather and Boil Proof (plywood)
- Well-Bottom Pressure (oil industry)
- West Bengal Police (India)
- West Border Peer
- Western Block Party (political group; Canada)
- Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (Dutch: Data Protection Act)
- Wet Boiling Point (temperature)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The beetle has also expanded into western high elevation subalpine whitebark pine forests.
Nelson Grizzly Bear Recovery, Whitebark Pine, and Adequate Regulatory Mechanisms Under the Endangered Species Act Andrew B.
The Fish and Wildlife Service is in no position to determine how a new coal-fired power plant in Pennsylvania will impact the California pika or the whitebark pines of Colorado.
Indicators of red squirrel (Tammiasciurus hudsonicus) abundance in the whitebark pine zone.
They point to the decimation of a key bear food source - the nuts of whitebark pine trees - as a potential threat to the species' survival.
Other projects will plant longleaf pine in Florida, red spruce in Maryland, and disease-resistant whitebark pine seedlings in Idaho, to aid the recovery of this iconic tree under threat from invasive disease and the explosion of mountain pine beetle populations.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] "As we lose whitebark pine, we need to redouble efforts to anticipate and reduce conflicts with people," warns NRDC senior wildlife advocate Louisa Willcox.