1946 First successful launch of an American V-2 rocket at White Sands Proving Ground - the beginnings of research that yielded ICBMs and the space programme, led by German scientists captured at the end of World War II.
What does WSPG stand for?
WSPG stands for White Sands Proving Ground (changed to White Sands Missile Range in 1958)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WSPG
We have 1 other meaning of WSPG in our Acronym Attic
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative
- Washington State Potato Foundation (Pasco, WA)
- Watergate Special Prosecution Force
- Web Services Policy Framework
- Western Spruce-Pine-Fir (tree)
- Widest Shortest Path First (routing algorithm)
- Wisconsin Secure Program Facility (Wisconsin Department of Corrections)
- Winston-Salem Professional Fire Fighters Association (North Carolina)
- Western Sydney Peace Group (Australia)
- White Sands Pioneer Group (New Mexico)
- World Series Perfect Game (baseball)
- White Star Property Holdings Plc
- Washington State Public Health Association
- Washington State Paint Horse Club
- Web Services Performance Index
- Workshop on Philosophy and Informatics
- World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Netherlands)
- Washington State Paranormal Investigations and Research
- Workplace Skills Plan Implementation Report (Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority; South Africa)
- We Stand for Peace & Justice (anti-war website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
She worked for a year in the Civil Service for the Army Guided Missile Department at Fort Bliss and at the White Sands Proving Grounds in New Mexico.
1956--The Army successfully fires the first Redstone rocket, from White Sands Proving Ground, N.