Now in their eighth year, the Awards were first launched at the White House as a project of the White House Millennium Council to broaden awareness of the role of design in daily life by honoring individuals in all areas of design, as well as its patrons and supporters.
What does WHMC stand for?
WHMC stands for White House Millennium Council
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WHMC
We have 5 other meanings of WHMC in our Acronym Attic
- Wildlife Habitat Management (various organizations)
- Wireless Host Module
- Working Holiday Maker (visa program)
- Workshop on Human Motion (IEEE Workshop)
- Williamsburg Hotel and Motel Association (est. 1976; Williamsburg, VA)
- Winter Haven Martial Arts (Winter Haven, FL)
- Wiring Harness Manufacturers Association
- Worldwide Hungarian Medical Academy
- Web Host Manager Auto Pilot
- Western Historical Manuscript Collection (Columbia, MO)
- Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY)
- Web Host Manager Complete Solution
- Waste and Hazardous Materials Division (Michigan Department of Environmental Quality; Lansing, MI)
- World Humanitarian Marathon Foundation
- Welcome Home Ministries International (Richmond, OH)
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Wildlife Habitat Management Institute (now Natural Resources Conservation Service)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- White Heron Motor Lodge (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The White House Millennium Council and USDA asked AMERICAN FORESTS to plant Millennium Groves of historic trees in each state, at Versailles, and at the French Embassy in Washington and to launch Global ReLeaf Sarajevo at the White House and Operation: Silent Witness (to honor WWII vets) at Arlington National Cemetery.
They will share a matching $90,000 grant from the White House Millennium Council and the National Trust for Historic Preservation toward conserving their unique collections.
Save America's Treasures was originally created by the White House Millennium Council to raise awareness and protect America's threatened cultural and historic legacy.
The National Design Awards were launched at the White House in 2000 as an official project of the White House Millennium Council.
AMERICAN FORESTS, The Scotts Company, and Wal-Mart launched the program at Arlington with the VFW Foundation and the White House Millennium Council.
Department of Defense * White House Millennium Council Come to Los Angeles to "discover the future" and let the City Showcase '99 introduce you to the people, places and possibilities that make that future bright.
Those projects will be part of the Save America's Treasures campaign, an initiative of the nonpartisan White House Millennium Council, chaired by the first lady.