Modi's address to the Indian- American community was in many ways a counter punch after he could not deliver the keynote address to the Wharton India Economic Forum because of protests.
What does WIEF stand for?
WIEF stands for Wharton India Economic Forum
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WIEF
We have 1 other meaning of WIEF in our Acronym Attic
- Washington International Education Council
- Washington International Educational Center
- Western Illinois Education Consortium
- Women in Engineering Committee (IEEE)
- Western Inland Empire Coalition Against Hate
- Walk-In Emergency Department (health care)
- Women in Engineering Division (American Society for Engineering Education)
- Workforce, Industry, and Economic Development (Industrial and Labor Relations School; Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- Worldwide Industrial Equipment Division
- Western Illinois Economic Development Partnership
- World Islamic Economic Forum
- Wisconsin Industrial Energy Group, Inc.
- Women in Informal Employment Globalizing and Organizing
- Werkgroep Industrieel Erfgoed Limburg (Dutch: Industrial Heritage Working Group Limburg; Limburg, Netherlands)
- Women in Educational Leadership
- Wielka Internetowa Encyklopedia Multimedialna (Polish)
- Women in Engineering Organization
- Wilmington International Exhibition of Photography (Delaware)
- Women in Engineering Programs
- Writers In Electronic Residence
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last week, the Wharton India Economic Forum cancelled Modi's keynote address to the prestigious annual event because of opposition from a section of professors and students of the University of Pennsylvania.
Mumbai: Senior Shiv Sena leader and former federal minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday announced that he would not be taking part in this year's Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) convention, in protest against the organisers' decision to cancel Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's keynote address at the meet.
RAHUL REJECTS WHARTON THE media went abuzz with speculation that Wharton University has invited Congress vice- president Rahul Gandhi as a key speaker on March 23 at Wharton India Economic Forum ( WIFE) in Philadelphia.
New Delhi, Mar 5 ( ANI ): m dmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday rubbished media reports which said that he has replaced Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as one of the keynote speakers at the 17th Wharton India Economic Forum 2013 to be held on March 23.
With a standing ovation and a smile the 12th annual Wharton India Economic Forum was officially brought to a close.
This may have encouraged applause within the party's cadre, but the euphoria that has been surrounding this apparently charismatic leader does not seem to have crossed over the Atlantic, with the prestigious University of Pennsylvania cancelling its invitation for Mr Modi speak the Wharton India Economic Forum.
Byline: ANI Philadelphia, Mar 13 (ANI/Business Wire India): The student leadership committee of the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) today announced that the 13th Wharton India Economic Forum would be held in Philadelphia on March 21.