For instance, in describing the nature of Christ, the Westminster Shorter Catechism (Question 21) speaks of Jesus Christ as the Redeemer of "God's elect", stating, "The only Redeemer of God's elect is the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, and so was, and continueth to be, God and man in two distinct natures, and one person, for ever".
What does WSC stand for?
WSC stands for Westminster Shorter Catechism (theology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WSC
We have 327 other meanings of WSC in our Acronym Attic
- West Side Connection (band)
- Western Society of Criminology
- Western State College (Colorado)
- Western State Conference (est. 1950)
- Western States Center
- Western Surety Company (Canada)
- Westfield State College (Westfield, MA)
- Westlakes Scientific Consulting Ltd (UK)
- Westminster Security Company (various locations)
- Westminster Seminary California (Escondido, CA)
- Wheelock Student Center (University of Puget Sound)
- White Sands Complex (New Mexico)
- White Spaces Coalition
- Whitsunday Shire Council (Australia)
- Wi-Fi Simple Config
- Wide-Band Sinal Conditioner
- Williston State College (North Dakota)
- WIN Site Coordinator
- Windows Script Component
- Windows Security Center (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Westminster Shorter Catechism put it well, when, answering the question "What is the chief end of man?
I grew up in an age when there'd long ceased to be any mention of the Westminster Shorter Catechism in our Sunday school.