Each year, this border region brings in more than $300 million from nature loving tourists, who flock in from all over the world to view the majesty of the Western Wood-Pewee, fish the Laguna Madre, or go bow hunting for wild Javelina.
What does WEWP stand for?
WEWP stands for Western Wood-Pewee (bird species Contopus sordidulus)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WEWP
We have 1 other meaning of WEWP in our Acronym Attic
- Women Empowering Women
- Women's Extreme Wrestling
- World Entertainment Wrestling (Japan)
- Western Washington
- Witbank Electrical Wholesaling Agencies (eletrical supplier; South Africa)
- Water Education Water Awareness Committee (Chino Hills, CA)
- Western Europe Working Australian Shepherd Club
- Women Empowering Women for Indian Nations (Onamia, MN)
- Western European Workshop on Research in Cryptology
- West Eugene Wetlands Plan
- Water Environment and Water Services Act (Scotland)
- West Eugene Wetlands Special Area Study (Eugene, OR)
- Workshop on Energy in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Workshop on Emerging Web Services Technology
- What Every Woman Wants (television show)
- World Ends with You (game)
- County Wexford, Ireland
- Warez Exchange
- Water and Energy Exchange (aka Water and Environmental Exchange; international summit)
- West Coast Computer Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
arcticus) 1 Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 1 Olive-sided Flycatcher (Contopus cooperi) 138 Western Wood-Pewee (C.
I wrote how we westerners have the lovely little western wood-pewee who sings its plaintiff little "peee-weee song at the first harbinger of spring.
Out west, we rely on the one sure thing that there is to predict spring: the Western Wood-Pewee (Contopus sordidulus), a small, grey bird.
Family/Common name Scientific name Tyrannidae (27 species) Western Wood-Pewee Contopus sordidulus Acadian Flycatcher Empidonax virescens Willow Flycatcher E.