We are looking forward to the return of Western Upper Nile.
What does WUN stand for?
WUN stands for Western Upper Nile (region)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WUN
We have 2 other meanings of WUN in our Acronym Attic
- Washington University Macro Model (economics)
- Wegener Uitgeverij Midden Nederland (Netherlands; publisher)
- Western Union Money Order
- Water Use Management Plan
- Wilderness Upgrade for Medical Professionals
- Washington University Medical School (St. Louis, MO)
- Wisconsin-Upper Michigan System
- Western Union Money Transfer
- Wissenschaft Und Moralische Verantwortung (German: Science and Morality Responsiblity)
- West University Neighbors (Eugene, OR)
- World Urban Network (YMCA)
- Worldwide Universities Network (UK)
- Worldwide Utility News (radio club)
- West University Neighborhood Association (various locations)
- West Urbana Neighborhood Association (Illinois)
- World Union, North America
- Workshop on Underwater Networks (IEEE)
- World Uyghur Network News (China)
- Western Ukrainian National Republic
- Women's United Nations Report Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
The epidemic of visceral leishmaniasis in western Upper Nile, Southern Sudan: course and impact from 1984-1994.
For the next 20 years, the fields in Western Upper Nile were to be the main focus of interest for the Sudanese oil industry.
Earlier this month, the Sudanese government banned aid flights to Western Upper Nile province, where two factions allied to the government are fighting each other for control of oil fields.
Nimeiri proposed to create a new Unity Region by amalgamating Western Upper Nile District, Abyei and parts of Southern Kordofan, but in the end only Western Upper Nile was renamed Unity when the Southern Region was abolished in 1983 and Upper Nile Region was reconstituted by re-uniting Upper Nile and Jonglei Provinces.
The SPLA said in a statement its forces fought government troops in the Altimish district between Wangkai and Miyoum on the Heglig-Miyoum road in western Upper Nile state.
Bakosoro said that SAF was "still bombing our civilian settlements in the border states of Warrap, Western Upper Nile and recently in Upper Nile State.
That was why he named the Western Upper Nile province as Unity State.