Many of you saw cool birds like Western tanagers and orioles and grosbeaks, but migration was a bit disappointing overall.
What does WETA stand for?
WETA stands for Western Tanager (bird species Piranga ludoviciana)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WETA
We have 13 other meanings of WETA in our Acronym Attic
- Women’s Expressive Theater, Inc. (New York City)
- Work-Extension Technologies
- Workforce, Education and Training (California)
- Workshop on Electronic Texts (Library of Congress)
- Write Everything Twice (programming)
- Wrong Every Time
- Waikato Environment for Text Analysis
- Washington Educational Television Authority
- Waters Edge Townhome Association (Montclair, Virginia)
- Website of Excellence in Tourism Award
- Wingnut Entertainment Technical Allusions
- Wirelss Video System External Transceiver Assembly (US NASA)
- Wisconsin Employment and Training Association
- Wheat Export Trade Education Committee
- Wisconsin Employment Transportation Assistance Program
- West End Theatre Breaks (UK; theatre-booking website)
- Worker Education and Training Branch (US NIH)
- Wood Energy Technicians of British Columbia
- West Exe Technology College (UK)
- Western Energy Training Center (Helper, UT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
we included the ash-throated flycatcher (Myiarchus cinerascens), western kingbird (Tyrannus verticalis), warbling vireo (Vireo gilvus), Lucy's warbler (Oreothlypis luciae), western tanager (Piranga ludoviciana), chipping sparrow (Spizella passerina), lark sparrow (Chondestes grammacus), lark bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys), black-headed grosbeak (Pheucticus melanocephalus), lazuli bunting (Passerina amoena), Bullock's oriole (Icterus bullockii), and lesser goldfinch (Carduelis psaltria).
JIM MCCAUSLAND LISA'S WILDLIFE What she's spotted in her yard so far: Three dozen kinds of birds, including Western tanagers, flickers, grosbeaks, chickadees, Spotted townees, rufous and Anna's hummingbirds, and Cooper's hawks Butterflies such as swallowtails, painted ladies, and fritillaries much greater than] Bees [much greater than] Ladybugs [much greater than] Lacewings [much greater than] Pacific tree frogs.
The Cornell Lab of Ornithology several years ago launched "Project Tanager" to study the forest habitat needs of scarlet, summer, and western tanagers.
Northern flickers, wood ducks, double-crested cormorants, brown pelicans, acorn woodpeckers, wrentits and Western tanagers are among the species Yee and other birders, as they're called, see here each year.
Mag told me that avocets nest on the pond in the summer, and that she'd once seen a western tanager there.
Imagine my delight as I drove back after class when I spotted a Western tanager - looking just like the bird in the photo - flying close by only a few blocks from home.
We studied nesting behavior of the blue-gray gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea), plumbeous vireo (Vireo plumbeus), and western tanager (Piranga ludoviciana) in pinyon juniper (Pinus-Juniperus) woodlands in New Mexico.