Empire holds nearly 220,000 acres of Marcellus Shale and 180,000 acres of Utica Shale in western New York State and Pennsylvania.
What does WNY stand for?
WNY stands for Western New York state
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WNY
We have 2 other meanings of WNY in our Acronym Attic
- Wrestling News World (website)
- Washington Nuclear Waste Advisory Council
- Washington Nuclear Waste Board
- Waterleidingmaatschappij Noord-West-Brabant (Dutch: Water Supply Company North-West-Brabant; North-West Brabant, Netherlands)
- Well Nourished, Well Developed
- Waste Not, Want Not
- West-Northwestern (weather reports)
- West-Northwestward (weather reports)
- Warrior Nation (gaming clan)
- Washington Navy Yard
- Western New York-High Performance Networked Video Initiative (University of Buffalo; Buffalo, NY; public service initiative)
- Western New York Athletic Conference (college-level athletics)
- Western New York Association of College Career Centers (Orchard Park, NY)
- Western New York Association of Chiefs of Police, Inc.
- Western New York Association of Historical Agencies (Getzville, NY)
- Western New York Amateur Hockey League
- Western New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging
- Western New York Amateur Radio (communication hobbyists)
- Wednesday Night Youth Club (First Presbyterian Church of Champaign; Champaign, IL)
- Western New York Coaster Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mormonism, which originated in the 1820s in western New York state, is controversial because it fuses Christian theology with teachings that some religious scholars feel are not consistent with standard Christian doctrine.
95 Hardcover F129 Providing a window into the life of an ordinary young woman in the 1850s, this is a publication of the personal journal of Ann McMath, an orphan growing up with relatives in central western New York State.
In one example, the report cited figures from western New York state, where 40 per cent of black, Hispanic and ethnically-mixed households earned less than $15,000 in 1999, as compared to 15 per cent of white households.
Founded 145 years ago in Western New York State, M&T Bank has built its business on a tradition of reliability, accuracy and responsiveness to the needs of its customers, as well as by taking an active role in the communities it serves.
Birds Eye Foods, largest processor of branded frozen vegetables in the US, is getting out of the private label and foodservice business, closing a plant in California and selling of shutting down three more in western New York state and two others in Georgia and Wisconsin within a year.
Metalico is a scrap metal recycler and lead products fabricator with four scrap recycling operations located in western New York State.
Founded in 1949 and operational since 1953, Erie County Water Authority operates and manages a regional water supply and distribution system primarily in Erie County ('BBB'/Stable GO rating) in western New York State.