The partnership, launched by the United States and Costa Rica, is supported by the US Dept of State's Bureau of Oceans and Intl Environmental and Scientific Affairs and Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs, and is a collaborative effort between Higher Education for Development (HED) and the World Environment Center (WEC).
What does WHA stand for?
WHA stands for Western Hemisphere Affairs (US Department of State)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WHA
We have 84 other meanings of WHA in our Acronym Attic
- World Heroes 2 Jet (gaming)
- Warhammer 40,000 (game)
- Warhammer 40k
- Tungsten Heavy Alloy (alloys used in weapons production, especially as penetrators)
- Walkaloosa Horse Association
- Water Hammer Arrestor (plumbing)
- Waterloo Housing Association (UK)
- Weapons Holding Area
- Western Hardwood Association
- Western Health Advantage
- Western Hockey Association
- Whole-House Automation
- Wickenburg Healthcare Alliance (Arizona)
- Wildlife Habitat Area
- Wilmington Housing Authority (Delaware)
- Wilson, Hewitt & Associates, Inc (Haverford, Pennsylvania)
- Windsor Housing Authority
- Wiring Harness Assembly
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998
- Women's Hospitals Australia
Samples in periodicals archive:
On November 21, Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, a think tank focusing on Western Hemisphere affairs.
Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Arturo Valenzuela took a two-year leave from his job at Georgetown University's second term in office (1997-2001).
His nomination as assistant secretary of state for Western Hemisphere affairs was an open secret in Washington foreign policy circles.
By the late 1990s, the establishment of the Deputy Chief of Staff (Plans and Programs) also brought new offices for politico-military affairs, including an Assistant for National Security Council Affairs and an Assistant for Western Hemisphere Affairs.
The bottom line is the Chinese are eating our lunch," stated Mark Smith, managing director of Western Hemisphere affairs for the U.
Gumbiner, deputy director of regional economic policy for the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs, U.
ambassador to Brazil and who was named assistant secretary for Western Hemisphere Affairs at the State Department.