About Western Governors University Named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies 2013, WGU has been featured on NPR's "All Things Considered," The NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, CNN's "Schools of Thought," and in The New York Times, WGU is the only university in the U.
What does WGU stand for?
WGU stands for Western Governors University
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WGU
We have 6 other meanings of WGU in our Acronym Attic
- Whole Gut Transit Scintigraphy
- Windowless Gaseous Tritium Source (astroparticle physics)
- We've Got to Stop Meeting Like This
- Whole Gastrointestinal Transit Time (pediatrics)
- Whole-Gut Transit Time (gastroenterology)
- Working Group on Tin and Tungsten (International Association on the Genesis of Ore Deposits)
- World's Greatest Tag Team (WWE)
- Working Group on Trade and Transfer of Technology (World Trade Organization)
- Weapon Guidance
- Welsh Golfing Union (est. 1895)
- Women's General Union
- World Gateball Union (est. 1985; sports league; various nations)
- World's Greatest University (Boston slang for Harvard University)
- West Georgia Underwater Archaeological Society (est. 2002)
- Walnut Grove United Methodist Church (Hurdle Mills, NC)
- Water Gun Test
- Westfälischer Genossenschaftsverband (German: federation of Westfalian cooperatives)
- Wholesale Glass Vases International
- World Golf Village (St. Augustine, FL)
- Württembergische Gemeinde- Versicherung aG
Samples in periodicals archive:
org&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed By Evan Smith At the Trib's November 29 symposium on higher education at Texas A&M University, I talked about innovations in online curriculum and the use of smartphones and other devices in and out of the classroom with Steve Klingler of Western Governors University, Steven Mintz of the University of Texas System, Renee Patton of Cisco Systems and Phil Schubert of Abilene Christian University.
McDonnell said that students who take advantage of the agreement with Western Governors University could earn their degree in three years at an estimated total cost of $17,000 in tuition and fees.
Think, too, of Western Governors University as we chart new territory in the field of higher education.
The federal government is granting $10 million to Western Governors University and its online teachers college.
Western Governors University, an online college sponsored by 17 states and Guam, was started this fall to improve access to college education for adults and to help accommodate an expected crush of students without building classrooms.
the leader in affordable, service oriented BPM that development teams love, today announced that Western Governors University has achieved an 80% cost savings by streamlining its student change management process using Active Endpoints ActiveVOS, the company's business process management system (BPMS).
com About Western Governors University Featured on NPR's "All Things Considered," The NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, CNN's "Schools of Thought," and in The New York Times, WGU is the only university in the U.