Members and leaders of the Western Federation of Miners, and Telluride's Local 63 were so thoroughly castigated by so many that she decided she wanted to know them better.
What does WFM stand for?
WFM stands for Western Federation of Miners (radical labor union in 1890s-1900s)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WFM
We have 69 other meanings of WFM in our Acronym Attic
- World Famous Lipizzaner Stallions (show horses)
- Wuhan Foreign Languages School (Wuhan City, Wuhan, People's Republic of China)
- With Friends Like These
- Westdeutscher Fussball und Leichtathletikverband (German Soccer Federation)
- Wait for Me (chat)
- Waste Flow Model (UK)
- Waveform Monitor
- WAY Fund Managers (UK)
- Well Founded Model
- West Fraser Mills (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This chapter makes excellent use of the 1903 Royal Commission on Industrial Disputes, which heard much testimony about the miners' relocation, although Hinde overlooks a very good unpublished study of that royal commission (Allan Donald Orr, "The Western Federation of Miners and the Royal Commission on Industrial Disputes in 1903 with Special Reference to the Vancouver Island Coal Miners' Strike," MA thesis, University of British Columbia, 1968).
3) From 1898 to 1902 many Lethbridge miners had belonged to a radical, and sometimes violent, labour union known as the Western Federation of Miners.