Viral causes of encephalitis (1) Worldwide distribution Limited to a certain geographic area Herpes viruses Flavi viruses * Herpessimplexvirus(HSV) * West Nile virus * Varicella-zoster virus (VZV) * Japanese encephalitis virus * Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) * St Louis encephalitis * Cytomegalovirus (CMV) * Tick-borne encephalitis virus * Human herpesvirus 6 Non-polio enteroviruses Alpha viruses * Western equine encephalitis virus * Eastern equine encephalitis virus Rabies virus Mumps virus Herpes simplex virus type-1 encephalitis (HSE) is the most common cause of sporadic fatal encephalitis worldwide and is a medical emergency.
What does WEEV stand for?
WEEV stands for Western Equine Encephalitis Virus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WEEV
- Western Egyptian Economic Opportunity Council (Illinois)
- Work Experience and Employability Plan (UK)
- Work Experience on Employers' Premises
- Workflow Enactment Engine Project
- Workshop on Electrochemistry of Electroactive Polymer Films (international conference)
- Wisconsin EMS (Emergency Medical Services) Emergency Preparedness Plan (health care training; Wisconsin)
- Water, Energy and Environment Research Center (Notre Dame University-Lebanon)
- What Everyone Else Said
- Willenhall Education, Employment and Training Centre (UK)
- Women's Employment Enterprise and Training Unit (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The case cluster formed the West Nile epicenter for California last year and was the largest mosquito-borne encephalitis outbreak in Kern County since a 1952 epidemic of western equine encephalitis virus.
Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada (Ottawa, Canada) has patented mammalian expression vector, under which expression of the structural genes of western equine encephalitis virus have been placed under the control of an eucaryotic promoter.
Birds infected with western equine encephalitis virus or Saint Louis encephalitis virus by mosquito bite or needle exhibit no difference in viremia responses (24), and mosquito saliva inhibits in vitro infection of dendritic cells by dengue virus (25).
Louis encephalitis virus, Western equine encephalitis virus, and enteroviruses.
experimentally infected with western equine encephalitis virus.
Eastern equine encephalitis virus and western equine encephalitis virus, two unrelated North American arboviruses affecting horses, were also tested.