The Western Cape Education Department has invested more than R1 million in the new technology to support blind learners at two schools in the province - the Athlone School for the Blind in Bellville South and the Pioneer School in Worcester.
What does WCED stand for?
WCED stands for Western Cape Education Department (Zambia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WCED
We have 9 other meanings of WCED in our Acronym Attic
- World Chemical Engineering Council
- World Chinese Entrepreneurs Convention
- Williamson County Early Childhood Cooperative (Illinois; education/health group)
- West Chester Electronic Commerce Resource Center (West Chester, Pennsylvania)
- World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science
- Waterloo County Education Credit Union (Canada)
- Winnebago County Employees Credit Union (Wisconsin)
- Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurial Development (India)
- Wake County Economic Development
- Wayne County Economic Development
- Western Center for Environmental Decision-making
- World Catholic Education Day
- World Commission on Environment and Development
- Washington County Economic Development Corporation (St. George, UT)
- Waukesha County Economic Development Corporation (Pewaukee, WI)
- Wood County Economic Development Commission (Bowling Green, OH)
- Western Cape Economic Development Forum (South Africa)
- Wilson County Economic Development Foundation, Inc. (Floresville, TX)
- World Congress on Emergency and Disaster Medicine
- Waller County Economic Development Partnership (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The core mandate of the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) is to deliver quality education to all citizens.
Additional customer success stories include: * City of Houston Public Works - integrated land-management system is the primary permit-granting and inspection application for the city of Houston * State of Louisiana Department of Social Services - better detects food-stamp fraud by identifying relevant patterns * State of Mississippi - plans to implement an application to fight food-stamp fraud * South Africa's Western Cape Education Department - better communicates and collaborates between large diverse groups "Harnessing the power of operational business intelligence, data access, and geographic information software provides users with unparalleled decision- making capabilities," said Gerald Cohen, president and CEO of Information Builders.
In 2010, the Western Cape Education Department announced an infrastructure plan that included the building of 25 new schools, 20 replacement schools, additional classrooms and mobile units over a three year period.
Tomorrow morning, Minister Donald Grant will be announcing details on the Western Cape Education Department s (WCED) infrastructure plan for the years 2013/14 to 2015/16.
After the roleplayers have been briefed on the day's operation, Western Cape Education Department (WCED) truancy officers and officials and SAPS officials will be hitting the streets of Athlone and surrounds to target learners and children who are not attending school.
I am very excited to announce the Western Cape Education Department s (WCED) new Mathematics and Physical Science strategy.