The Sorbians are a West Slavic people speaking a language akin to Polish and Czech, and in addition to a fascinating linguistic evolution, an understudied cultural formation and (re)awakening, and a precarious existence as a minority under various German political systems, they also have a worthy bilingual (if late-blooming) literary tradition.
What does WSl stand for?
WSl stands for West Slavic (linguistics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WSl
We have 77 other meanings of WSl in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Senior Lobby (Olympia, Washington)
- Washington Student Lobby (Washington State public college and university students)
- Water Soluble Liquid
- Waterloo Systems Language (computer programming)
- Weapons Subsystems Laboratory
- Weatherscan Local
- Web-Supported Learning
- Weizman Software Localization (Israel)
- Well Site Log (energy exploration)
- West Side Longo (street gang; Long Beach, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this language [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (celjade) means 'human creature' (usually 'young'), while the collective [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (celjad) shares the meaning 'house servants, inmates' or 'family' with the corresponding nouns in West Slavic languages.
11]) was limited to the south-eastern periphery of the West Slavic regions, but need not be a direct reflection of migration.