Police officers in Porthmadog are investigating a recent attempted theft of from the Welsh Highland Railway yard at Minffordd near Penrhyndeudraeth.
What does WHR stand for?
WHR stands for Welsh Highland Railway (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WHR
We have 73 other meanings of WHR in our Acronym Attic
- World Headquarters
- War Headquarters Exercise
- West Houston Quilters Guild (Texas)
- Windows Hardware Quality Labs (Microsoft)
- Welsh Housing Quality Standard (UK)
- Waist-to-Hip Ratio
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Waste Heat Regeneration (electricity / mechanical power)
- Watermark to Host Ratio
- Watt Hour
- Western Hemisphere Region
- Western Hemisphere Reserve
- Wholistic Healing Research (medical publicatins)
- Witch Hunter Robin (anime)
- Wolf Heinrich Reuter (Austria, Europe)
- Working Heart Rate (physical fitness)
- World Haiku Review (poetry magazine)
- World Health Report
- Web Hosting Reseller Account
- Well Hill Residents' Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Details 01492 547868 3 Lace on the train, Welsh Highland Railway, Porthmadog, tomorrow.
The show's star will be the K1 Garratt of the Welsh Highland Railway, built in 1909.
Lenthryd took this photo in October of a Welsh Highland Railway train on the way to Rhyd Ddu using a Sony SLT-A57.
CAPTION(S): Pictured at the Welsh Highland Railway Real Ale Festival at Dinas are volunteer Eryl Morris, brewery historian John Hopkins and volunteer Jim Comerford, enjoying a pint as 143 Garratt Steam Locomotive arrives on its way to Porthmadog from Caernarfon Pic: ROBERT PARRY JONES
Last week the Welsh Assembly Government announced pounds 5m of grants for the Welsh Highland Railway to enable it to extend 13 miles from its current terminus at Rhyd-Ddu to Porthmadog.
The festival is run by Cymdeithas Rheilffordd Eryri (also known as The Welsh Highland Railway Society) in association with the Ffestiniog & Welsh HighlandRailway Company.
Its entry into public service on the Welsh Highland Railway will be delayed so that people who contributed get the privilege of the first ride.