The majority of the Action Plan targets have been met, including Phase Two of the Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme Artificial Insemination service - a Wales-only initiative with no counterpart elsewhere in Great Britain.
What does WEGS stand for?
WEGS stands for Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WEGS
We have 1 other meaning of WEGS in our Acronym Attic
- Women Enterprise Government Assistance
- Will E Global Attractive Net
- Wellington East Girls College (New Zealand)
- Windswept Environmental Group, Inc. (Holtsville, NY)
- World Equity Group, Inc. (est. 1993; Arlington Heights, IL)
- Web Enabled Geographic Information System (India)
- Week End Gold Miners Prospecting Club, Inc. (Dahlonega, GA)
- Wide-Band Exhaust Gas Oxygen Sensor Interface
- Wisconsin Electric Gas Operations
- Worldwide Evangelical Gospel Outreach (Cocoa Beach, FL)
- Western European Geological Surveys (est. 1971)
- Wickedly Errant Game System (gaming)
- Water Extracts of Green Tea
- Walleye Epidermal Hyperplasia (fish skin disease)
- Wean Hall (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Wills Eye Hospital (Society; Wynnewood, Pennsylvania)
- Wooden Embroidery Hoop (product)
- Workshop on Exception Handling (International Workshop)
- Wydzial Ekonomiczno Handlowy (Polish: Economic and Commercial Consulate)
- Wisconsin Environmental Health Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
A further 25,000 ewes were genotyped under the Assembly's Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme last year.
The Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme will be continued for a further two years and administered by the State Veterinary Service (SVS).
RURAL Development Minster Michael German has announced a six-week consultation on proposals for implementing a Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme designed to increase the scrapie resistance of the Welsh flock.
The The Welsh Assembly Government and NSPAC are now developing a scheme to build on last year's Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme (WEGS).
5m over three years to boost the Welsh Ewe Genotyping Scheme.
In parallel, the Welsh Assembly Government funded the unique and successful Welsh ewe genotyping scheme, which genotyped a further 25,000 ewes in Wales.