CAPTION(S): * Cases of skin cancer have been showing a marked increase, says the Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit PICTURE: PA
What does WCISU stand for?
WCISU stands for Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit (cancer registry for the National Health Service in Wales)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of WCISU in our Acronym Attic
- What Can I Say
- Workers Compensation Information System (various states)
- World Cellular Information Service (telecommunications; est. 1995; London, England)
- World Class Information Systems, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
- Wyoming County International Speedway (Perry, NY)
- Western Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture (California)
- Wire & Cable Industry Suppliers Association
- Webb Consolidated Independent School District (Texas)
- West Central Illinois Special Education Cooperative (Macomb, IL)
- West Coast Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association (California)
- Washington Council on International Trade
- Water Contaminant Information Tool (US EPA)
- Wharton Computing and Information Technology (Wharton School; University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA)
- What City Is This? (game)
- Who Can I Trust
- World Conference on International Telecommunication
- World Congress on Information Technology
- Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (City of London Livery Company)
- West Central Illinois Tractor Pullers Association
- War Crimes Investigation Unit (WWII POW interrogation camp, England)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A report by the Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit, said Wrexham Maelor's stomach and gullet cancer services were the best in Wales.
The Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit published its annual report revealing an increase in the number of malignancies between 2003-07.
Byline: Cath Lindley The Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit recently published cancer statistics from1992 to 2006.
Figures from the Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit showed that in 2001, 182 men suffered from the disease compared to 212 women.
SIR - On December 16 in the Western Mail you carried a report of how a Scottish ruling in their high court could be used to force the Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit to release cancer data around the Nantygwyddon landfill site to the Rhondda protest group Rant.
RANT - Rhondda Against Nantygwyddon Tip - has resubmitted an application to the Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit asking for information about the incidence of cancer in the area.
The Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit in Cardiff does collate cancer figures for the whole of Wales, but has never published a breakdown for small areas.