The program is designed to support diverse types of activities, such as watershed cleanups, reforestation efforts, biodiversity projects, streamside buffer restoration projects, wellhead protection initiatives and hazardous waste collection efforts.
What does WHP stand for?
WHP stands for Wellhead Protection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WHP
We have 76 other meanings of WHP in our Acronym Attic
- WHOI (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution) Hawaii Ocean Timeseries Station
- Web Helpers on Wheels
- Warehouse of Web Data
- Walking Horse Owners Youth Association (Murfreesboro, TN)
- Department of Party History (Central Committee; Russian acronym)
- Washington Homeopathic Products
- Waste Heat to Power
- Weight Height Proportionate (personal ads)
- Wellhead Platform (offshore drilling)
- Wellhead Pressure
- Western Highlands Province (PNG)
- Wheel Horsepower
- White House Project (political action group)
- Whiteman Airport, Los Angeles, California (Airport Code)
- Wicked House Party (electronic music resource)
- William Henry Peavy Jr (author of WHPinvest.com)
- Winter Horse Productions
- With High Probability
- WOCE (World Ocean Circulation Experiment) Hydrographic Program
- Women's HIV Program (University of California, San Francisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The lands are located in a designated wellhead protection area and would be subject to restrictions under the Source Protection Plan.
on groundwater resources policies and Springfield wellhead protection area.
Guardian Wellhead Protection & Rentals, headquartered in Odessa, Texas, offers casing and tree saver services and a wide variety of well intervention rental equipment.
The $100,000 in Maine Groundwater Oil Cleanup Funds will replace 30 substandard home heating oil tanks at residences and businesses within the wellhead protection zone around the Old Schoolhouse and Creamery wells, said Alex Wong, an Environmental Protection Agency source water program manager working for the Maine Rural Water Association.
They will also decide whether to authorize the town to buy - or accept as a gift - roughly 17 acres of wellhead protection land, known as Cnossen well land.
The Arkansas Department of Health is responsible for protecting drinking water in wellhead protection areas or other sensitive areas where pits might be located.
The one notable exception to this process is the Source Water Protection Program that was created to expand the Wellhead Protection Program, in the 1996 Amendments to the Safe Drinking Water Act.