Genetics can tell us about historical events," Professor Chris Tyler-Smith of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Cambridge, UK, a researcher on the study, told BBC News.
What does WTSI stand for?
WTSI stands for Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WTSI
We have 1 other meaning of WTSI in our Acronym Attic
- Watch the Sparks Fly
- Welsh Target Shooting Federation (UK)
- Why Things Sink and Float
- World Traditional Sports Federation (martial arts)
- Web Technical Support Group (University of Exeter; UK)
- Winning the Scholarship Hunt
- Wong Tai Sin Hospital (Hong Kong)
- Where the Streets Have No Name (U2 song)
- Water and Toxic Substances Health Research Division
- When the Stuff Hits the Fan
- Wildlife Technical Services, Inc. (Vicksburg, MS)
- Wordpress Theme Sparkling Index
- What They Send Is What They Get
- Wireless Transport Security Layer (mobile phone security)
- Walk to School Month
- Wellington Transport Strategy Model (infrastructure; New Zealand)
- What's The Story Morning Glory (Oasis album)
- Seaman, Weapons Technician Striker (Naval Rating)
- Western Transsexual Support Network
- Women's Television Sports Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
This high rate of infections is particularly alarming given the recent discoveries of new strains of the chlamydia bacterium by researchers from a collaboration that included the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, based near Cambridge, England.
Researchers at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute found the bacteria could swap DNA to form new versions of the infection, which meant resistance could not be detected under current screening methods.
Within these synapses are proteins that combine together, forming a molecular machine known as the post-synaptic density, or PSD's Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute led a team that extracted PSDs from synapses of patients undergoing brain surgery.
4 /PRNewswire/ -- As an important supplier to the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, New England Biolabs is pleased to announce that the Sanger Institute will use New England Biolabs as one of its suppliers for next-generation sequencing library construction reagents.
Professor Mike Stratton, from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, in Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, who led the study, said: "We have looked at the level of the DNA sequence at just how splintered and reorganised the genome is in many breast cancers.
Scientists from Britain's Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute and their collaborators have mapped this genetic damage from the tumours of two patients suffering from lung cancer and malignant melanoma, a deadly skin cancer.
A red-haired Duroc pig from a farm at the University of Illinois was used in the experiment, the detailed results of which will be formally announced at a meeting at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Hinxton, England, Monday.